Limit Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weak AI, Strong AI, ADAPA

2 posters

Go down

Weak AI, Strong AI, ADAPA Empty Weak AI, Strong AI, ADAPA

Post by Sceptile Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:40 am

Faster than lightspeed travel is rather like closing one's eyes and wishing you were someplace else - the outside world is shut out almost completely. There is no light to be perceived. No sound. No concept of heat.

Thus, when INDRA finally emerges from its voyage, the previous darkness only serves to augment the spectacular sight of Ur-Kal.

The great Dyson Sphere, located near the centre of the galaxy, Ur-Kal is the seat of the galaxy's primary governing body, and a testament to the ingenuity of is participant races, and their drive to unite together under a dream of a better future.

A part of the sphere's material has been left deliberately see-through and visible - and the sight of the young yellow sun within the sphere is one of the most striking sights in the universe.

A work of art and perfect function, that dwarfs even planets...it fills you with a sense of insignificance, yet also a strange hope.

As you approach the sphere's surface, its majesty slowly gives way to bustle, bringing back a sense of normalcy with it. Countless ships fly over the surface of the sphere - 'there isn't a soul in this galaxy that doesn't have some business in Ur-Kal', common wisdom suggests, and it may very well be right.

Landing is a surprisingly simple affair - INDRA is repeatedly scanned as it descends to the surface, and by the point you touch ground, you've already been granted access to the megalopolis that has grown to cover the sphere.

And it is here that your paths split.

"Well, it was good to do something for the galaxy. Anyway, I have to go talk to Gran- I mean, my creator. If there's a trial or something I'll definitely stop by to watch!" ADAPA waves energetically at the party and walks away backwards. He is promptly bowled over by passerby and disappears into the crowd.

ADAPA, it takes a few instants for your creator to answer. His voice sounds a little wispy, but otherwise as full of warmth as usual.

"Hello, ADAPA. How are you doing today?"

"Grandpa! It's so good to hear from you after all this time. I just made it back to Ur-Kal after my last mission!"

"That's good. That's very good indeed..." The First Sage seems to be lost in thought, as he is often won't to do. "What did you find there, child?"

"Well, I was heading through Galeria when things went bad. I met a bunch of cool people there, and..." ADAPA proceeds to explain the events that had transpired, in an excited tone. He doesn't leave anything out, though he's a little vague on some of the moral decisions they had to go through and spends a little too much time describing the fighting. "... So that's how we recovered the Wordtech giant robot and brought it here with the big robot named Vadimar. I forgot the big robot's name though. I think they're going to keep it secure here."

When Wordtech comes up, Grandpa goes really quiet. You can feel the silence coming from the other side of the line as he listens to you intently, only barely speaking to prod you into continuing your tale. "And this robot...this Vadimar...he wishes to free himself?"

"That's what he says, anyway... It seems like he was already trying to free himself before we even got there. I didn't really understand it, but he was really excited to get to leave." ADAPA seems confused at the notion of a robot that doesn't enjoy its job, but he tries to describe Vadimar's attitude.

"I see...and this robot, he is now in custody, isn't he?" Grandpa asks.

"Yes, they're holding him until the trial. One of my friends wants to defend his freedom in court, and I think the other one might want to have him destroyed or something? It should be really interesting."

"..." Grandpa falls silent once more. "ADAPA." He speaks up, eventually. "Have you ever wondered what goes into creating a new life?"

"Hmm..." ADAPA frowns and thinks to himself. "... I think I'm too young to talk about that sort of thing!" he suddenly says.

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Weak AI, Strong AI, ADAPA Empty Re: Weak AI, Strong AI, ADAPA

Post by Kanzaris Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:11 am

"Maybe so, but it won't be that way forever," Grandpa replies. "And perhaps a question such as this will find you before you are ready. Can you find this robot and bring me to him? I would very much like to speak with him."

Kanzaris
Admin

http://limitzero.greatestboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:32 am

"Are you sure? Well... okay, let's find him then. Although... I wonder where he is?"

ADAPA will head back to the docks. Perhaps he can check if the transport from Galeria has arrived yet.

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:21 am

The dock officers are polite enough to inform you of the arrival of a large government freight ship from GalerĂ­a, but insist that you require a security clearance you currently lack to access it. Looks like it won't be as easy as just waltzing in and hooking Grandpa up with Vadimar...

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:34 am

ADAPA frenetically tries to explain to the officers that he should be allowed in on the basis of having recovered the robot in the first place, but sulks off upon being denied anyway.

"Shut up tight, huh..." ADAPA thinks as he leaves. "They'll have to take Vadimar out at some point for the trial, but I don't want to wait that long. Hmmmmmm. The trial. The trial, huh...?"

Ding! A plan forms in ADAPA's mind. But first he'll need to get in touch with Mr. Lawyer Man in this huge area! He decides to start by asking around the central justice area for Marek.

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:11 am

The journey to the First Tribunal and Law School of Ur-Kal is peaceful. The magrails run on time, and though it's an hour and a half away, that leaves you with plenty of time to observe the landscape as it shifts subtly all around you.

And then, you arrive.

BGM: The First Tribunal (A Place of Justice)

The First Tribunal is nothing like anyone would expect. A massive crystal dome, it towers all over the surrounding buildings, and its sheer scope makes the far more elaborate design of the First Law School beside it seem insignificant and puny by comparison. The sunlight filters through the ground within the dome - and you can see the rays rising up into the sky, chasing the stars like dreams that refuse to be denied. Refracting off the crystal, they shroud the entire area in rainbows.

The sound of voices reaches you the moment you step off the magrail: unlike the serene majesty of the edifice, the attorneys and prosecutors are not content to be quiet. You can see several classes outside, supervised by their preceptors, staging mock trials where one student plays the part of the defense, another of the prosecution, and a third the judge. It's a place that brims with life...but Marek is nowhere to be found. Where is he?

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptile Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:12 pm

ADAPA admires the surroundings. "What a swell place!" he exclaims. Then he walks towards the big building, when...

---

A light exploded in the distance, illuminating the sky and causing people to stop and stare for a moment before it faded away. Had something happened elsewhere?

---

ADAPA stops to stare. "That's odd..." he mutters. He considers heading towards it, as it could possibly be a disturbance in the peace. On the other hand, he was given a request from Grandpa to find Vadimar, and he needs Marek to assist with that.

After pausing to think for a moment, he comes to a decision. "Sorry, Grandpa, I'll have to come back to this in a bit!" He decides to go toward where the light came from instead, as it could mean trouble!

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum