Limit Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side Scene Sakra: Play Nier Automata, Lamers

2 posters

Go down

Side Scene Sakra: Play Nier Automata, Lamers Empty Side Scene Sakra: Play Nier Automata, Lamers

Post by Supremezer0 Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:22 am

(Get objective 4 squared away.)

Sakra returns to the INDRA, and starts up a spinor communication, direct to an individual at the Grand Galactic Gathering, on The Bastion.

"Calling Aneleh Duma."

Supremezer0

Back to top Go down

Side Scene Sakra: Play Nier Automata, Lamers Empty Re: Side Scene Sakra: Play Nier Automata, Lamers

Post by Kanzaris Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:47 pm

"Your call is being processed. Please wait..."

The line to a member of the GGG was never free, especially in times of crisis. As a consequence, Sakra had to wait some time before someone responded.

"Hello, this is Speaker Dumah's bureau," a pleasant female voice answered. "The Speaker is currently busy with a meeting. How may I help you?"

Kanzaris
Admin

http://limitzero.greatestboard.com

Back to top Go down

Side Scene Sakra: Play Nier Automata, Lamers Empty Re: Side Scene Sakra: Play Nier Automata, Lamers

Post by Supremezer0 Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:53 pm

I need to speak with the Speaker. How long is his meeting going to last?

Supremezer0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 am

"I'm afraid I cannot say. It may be a while until the Speaker is free, but all I can do is speculate, and she has multiple other events on her schedule already. Would you like to leave a message instead? I'll make sure she hears it as soon as possible."

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremezer0 Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:39 am

"Oh, if you could just tell her that Atreia would like to talk to her about the probable continued survival of about 100 quadrillion people on Ur-Kal, that would be fantastic."

Supremezer0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 pm

"Atreia? What do you..."

A gasp came from the other end of the line. The next few words from the secretary came in a hurry. "I'll let Speaker Dumah know in a moment, please wait!"

There was a small hiss of static and the muffled sound of rapid footsteps in the distance. Then, the line went quiet. Several minutes passed, and it seemed like there would be no further answer, but then...

"Dumah here." The woman on the other end of the line had a deep, rich, resonant and hard voice, the voice of someone who had served in the military for a very long time. Then, she sighed, and all that hardness melted into far more gentle concern. "I can't believe it's you. It's been such a long time since I've last seen you or heard anything from you. What's kept you so busy that you haven't been able to check in on your own mother, Atty?"

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremezer0 Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:05 am

She smiled. "Do you want the full explanation? The short list is Planetary poisoning, Terrorists, rampaging Wordtech, locked up Wordtech, a total power outage in the biggest city in existence, biological warfare, and prison breaks. And there've been other people on my ship lately, so calling's been more difficult.

Oh, and a cat. See?"

She holds up Mister.

Supremezer0

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremezer0 Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:49 am

Councilmember Dumah (or more simply, Atreia's mother) laughed, tiredly. "That's a cute little puffball. Is that a snow tiger, honey?" she asked.

"Supposedly it's a snow tiger baby. Apparently they start this big."

"Amazing...they must grow up fast. Just like other cute little things," Atreia's mother said, shooting her a fond, nostalgic look. After a moment, however, the small smile on her face turned into a frown once more. Atreia's mother always seemed worried about something or another. Perhaps that was why she'd made it as the representative of their species in the Grand Galactic Gathering - because she always worried about making every little thing, every little person, was OK. "My secretary said there was something important you wanted to talk about. What's on your mind, Atty?"

"Well, there's a power outage on Ur-Kal. All of it. Due to a computer virus."

Councilwoman Dumah nodded. "We're looking into possible solutions. Everything so far's coming up a dud, though - whoever made this virus knew what he was doing very well."

"Yes. I've been working with some people about that, and they think they can make an antivirus and cure it. By uploading it to Enki. And removing some of it's shackles."

Atreia's mother pondered the suggestion for a moment. "Hmm. And you're positive it'll work?"

"Well, this person created the robot that was the source of the virus in the first place. Or at least Patient Zero. If anyone can, they can probably fix it. They have basically all the data there is to collect on it."

"Really?" Councilwoman Dumah said, leaning forward, pausing only to push her long, pale locks of white hair out of the way of her eyes so she could better look at her daughter. "That's news to me. Who is this person?"

"Doctor Sargon."

"Sargon...Sargon..." Atreia's mother repeated that name, as if chasing a memory she couldn't quite find. Then, she narrowed her eyes. "Of course. The roboticist. Him." She didn't seem to think very highly of him. "Of course he'd play a part in this."

"Yeah, he didn't seem to think anyone at the Gathering would be particularly inclined to listen to him."

"Of course not. You wouldn't believe the trouble he caused before you were born. I can push this solution forward, but it won't be easy to sell the gathering on it. You'll have to come here to make your case along with your friends."

"Every delay causes problems, but I suppose we have to be there anyway to upload the antivirus, so there's no avoiding the trip. I'd prefer to get this fixed as fast as possible just from a personal point of view, though. When it first broke out, the virus attacked my hologram. Which is kind of a problem for basically everything I'm doing."

"We're all dealing with setbacks. Remember that old holotheatre I like so much? It succumbed to infection. No chance to give it any use now." Atreia's mother hesitated for a moment. "Are you sure you want to do this, Princess? The councilmembers won't cut you any slack just because you're my child. If anything they'll do the opposite and make completely sure nepotism isn't the reason you were brought before them."

"Do you have some better plan? Because it sounds like approximately no one other than Sargon has any plan at all. If it has to happen, it has to happen. Besides, I have a lawyer, I'll have him talk at them."

That got a laugh out of Aneleh. "Fine. We'll try it your way. Be here tomorrow. I think I can convince the Gathering to hold a special hearing for your proposal."

"Thank you. We'll be bringing Sargon and Doctor Rugal along for the ride, so Rugal can explain things to the Gathering, and Sargon can probbly hide in a corner."

"That could work. We'll see you soon. And...Atty?"

"Yes, mother?"

"Once this is all over, come and visit me, alright? There's a lot we still need to talk about."

"... all right."

The communication cut off. The last thing Atreia saw of her mother was the little smile on her face, gladdened by the chance to spend some time with her daughter in the near future.

'Sakra' sends a message to everyone else. "Time to go. The Gathering will hear out Sargon's plan. Preferably with Dr. Rugal along so someone who isn't Sargon can present the plan."

Supremezer0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down