Limit Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

+2
SovietOmega
Kanzaris
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank) Empty Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

Post by Han Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:30 am

Han: "Wow! I never knew planets could be inside out like this!"

Omega: "They are not a natural phenomena, only a civilization as advanced as the ones in our modern galaxy could hope to achieve something as wondrous as this."

Han: "So... Marek has to go do boring stuff. What do you all want to do!?" Cadence will address the group cheerfully. "I can't wait to see this place! I hope it's half as amazing as Galeria was..."

Terastodon: Vaz blinks.

Zero: Cadence gets rolled off the ship.
"Go amuse yourself."

Terastodon: "Kid, you have a whole lot of universe to see. Bright side, this is a good place to see a lot of it."

Accel: "Need to see about getting my gear in order after that... war we just got through. Can't ever be too prepared, yeah? I'll be in contact though, I still got a lot of investment in this business of ours. I guess you guys still do, too? Hit me up if you ever need the help. I know we just kinda got picked up along the way while most of you were already on business together, but we'd work with you guys again if you ever needed it. We all did good. Real, legitimate good."

Terastodon: "If I need someone to punch something for me, I'll... well, I probably won't bother to contact you. But you fought well. You earned my respect for that."

Accel: (Adel) "Funny you should mention that, we've been reading up on Human kung fu comics! We can fight like real viking-samurai now, I bet!"

Han: "Aww... Vaz... Tank, Adel... you're leaving?" Cadence pouts at the three.

Accel: (Adel) "Oh! Well if you need us to stick around for something though, we-
(Tank) "...Will be in contact, like I said. Too much has happened to not stick to our routine. Get into a big fight, get our stuff in order before anything else. If something goes down, and something ALWAYS goes down, we need to be ready."
(Adel) [audible pouting]

Terastodon: "I need to check the news, see if I can pick up any reports on the pirates I was interested in near Galeria. That place was lousy for updating it's Datalinks. And explore how this trial is going to work."
"It's too important to leave to chance."

Zero: "Ur-Kal isn't usually much better at their updates.  It's crazy, I know."

Sceptile: "Well, it was good to do something for the galaxy. Anyway, I have to go talk to Gran- I mean, my creator. If there's a trial or something I'll definitely stop by to watch!" ADAPA waves energetically at the party and walks away backwards. He is promptly bowled over by passerby and disappears into the crowd.

Zero: "Maybe his creator should make him a bit less top-heavy..."

Omega: Assuming all the mundane details like where to meet up and when are in order, Marek's first order of business will be to head to the central hub for justice related matters, there are a few broken pieces of his soul that need patching up.

Han: "Well... I guess... I'll go with you Kris." Cadence is kind of sad to see her friends go, but resigns herself.
She will accompany Marek, unless she gets distracted by something for some reason.

Omega: "Perhaps the notability of this case will draw in someone who might know more about you, Cadence."

Han: "I hope so. I actually... remembered how to do something on the trip here."
Cadence stops walking for a second and takes a deep breath in, her arms held out. As she feels the flow of her Eezo and the ambient element around her (however it works), her form suddenly shimmers, and a strange foggy copy of her body extracts from her, where it settles on Marek's other side. After a few seconds, the shimmering main body of Cadence gets more insubstantial, until it turns almost entirely to vapor and the copy becomes more defined, until Cadence is standing where the copy once was.
(gotta show off dem new powers!)
"Cool, huh?"

Omega: "Interesting...I am sure that such teleportation will be quite useful in the future as both a distraction and means of egress. Perhaps even a way to take the offenseive should we find outselves fighting for a just cause."

Han: "I can also do this!" Cadene will create an illusory Vaz'kar, who will accompany them on their trip. He is silent, but still holds himself high and haughty. He scoffs at many of the passerbys.

Omega: Marek nods in approval "Your illusory skills are getting uncanny...are you sure you are not hiding a giant eyeball anywhere?"

Han: Cadence gasps. "I don't think I have a giant eyeball anywhere. Wouldn't I be able to see out of it?"

Omega: Marek laughs (however that actually works) "It was just a little joke, no, you are definitely still human."

Han: "Ok. That's what I thought."

Kanzaris: You manage to find a catalog for attorney badges, but none of them seem quite right...it's like they're missing something. Something important...

Omega: Marek is unimpressed by the badge catalog and didnt really want a new badge anyway, but his older one restored better than new.

Perhaps a directory for repair shops or something similar can be located..

Kanzaris: Not only do you find such a directory, but also ratings for each of them, aggregated from thousands of clients. There's one you can reach via magrail that comes particularly recommended...

Han: *rolls a perception check, gets a... 13?

Kanzaris: You think you catch someone pass by you for a moment...rings a bell, for some reason. A man in a gunmetal grey uniform?

Han: "Kris, did you find what you were looking for?"

Omega: "Yes, but I wil need to take a small trip on the magrail to fix my badge, do you wish to continue traveling with me, or has something here caught your eye?"

Han: "I'm not sure what I would do on my own. I think I'd quickly get lost and... Oh Kris, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be such a burden."

Omega: "Relax dear Cadence, you are no burden to me. You are a mystery that demands to be solved, and I intend to do what I can to make that happen." Marek will locate and board the nearest magline with Cadence and head to the place the directory mentioned.

Han: Along the way, Cadence will ask about various species that she has not seen before. i.e. please describe non-grand sapients (or give omega freedom to make some up quick)

Omega: ("...and one time I encountered Grailians who are an odd species with 7 unique genders that mate once every 60 years...")

Han: "Ooh Kris, what is that species over there? With the... vertically divided body." Cadence points at a strange humanoid, with an almost human right half of body (with a notable pig-like appearance) that morphs almost immediately into a wolflike left side of body, complete with the snout bulging out further and big ears and teeth and gray fur.

The species walks with an odd gait, as one of its legs are longer than the other.

"So Kris... what kind of cases have you lawyered before?"

As Cadence walks with Marek, she has her illusory Vaz'kar 'float' above her, gripping her shoulders, giving the illusion of him flying and carrying her (excepting that she is also walking herself).

Kanzaris: Everything you just said is canon. The pig/wolf people are a notoriously bipolar species whose temperaments and small amount of colonies have prevented them from getting near a bid for Grand Sapience. Also, Cadence is the most kawaii.

While all this is going on, you arrive at the location...the same hunter's guild Tank found earlier.

As you're about to come in, however, you hear someone shout behind you. "Outta the wayyyyyyy!!!!!!"

(Do you choose to sidestep or simply turn around?)

Han: *rolls a 28 for acrobatics to dodge, but instead uses it to fluidly accidentally move Marek out of the way*

Kanzaris: You manage to push Marek out of the way...which is fortunate, because you are suddenly slammed forward with great force, then spun around by your hands by a human girl with white hair tied up in two pigtails, before she loses her grip on you and send you tumbling towards a couch. "omigodi'msosorrygottagonowbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" she says, leaping up the stairs four steps at a time.

Han: As Cadence got hit, her sustaining of the illusion would have faltered and the fake Vaz'kar would have poofed into vapor.

Vazzy Carlisle: Silent because the illusion can't make noise, but inside it's saying Nooooo curse my cruel and short existence!

Han: "... Vazzy..." Cadence lays sprawled across the couch, still recovering from the sudden onslaught.
Also she'll examine the room she's in, see if anyone is staring at her.

Kanzaris: You're in a small corner of the main hunter's guild hall, which has been converted into a waiting area. There's several couches up against the walls, inclduing the one you are sitting at, and several really bad pictures on the walls themselves. You wonder who chose them.

Han: Are there any people nearby who are looking at Cadence after the collision?

Kanzaris: A couple fresh-faced young men, but everybody else (including several older people and the man at the counter) seem to be paying this no mind.

Han: Cadence will continue to sit on the couch, blowing a stray strand of hair off her face.

Last edited by Han on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Han

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank) Empty Re: Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

Post by Han Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:03 am

Han: Huffing, Cadence will get off the couch and approach the man at the counter.

"Excuse me... Mr. Grazziati... may I ask what kind of place this is?''

Last edited by Han on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Han

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank) Empty Re: Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

Post by Kanzaris Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:53 am

The Fortunian doesn't look at you - but not out of condescension, but because he is busy filling in data entries on his computer with his eyes closed. His typing is flawless, with not a single error to be found. Is that the characteristic 'luck' of his species at work, or merely expert training?

"This is a branch of the Galactic Hunters' Guild. Here to soak in the sights, miss?" He asks, a slight smile perking up his mouth.

Kanzaris
Admin

http://limitzero.greatestboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:05 am

Han: Noticing the smirk and remembering how the datalinks said that Fortunian smiles are incredibly rare, Cadence couldn't help but get excited.

"Yes! I mean... No? Kinda? I suppose that is what I am doing, even if it isn't what I meant to do... Say, what is a Galactic Hunters' Guild?"

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 am

"A motley collection of misfits who hunt down bounties placed at the various guild branches by citizens with some problem that requires an immediate solution. Nothing more, nothing less," he explained patiently, as though he'd done this so many times he'd gotten practiced at it. "From monster hunts to catching criminals and finding lost children, the hunters take on all sorts of jobs. And every one of them is an adventure." He turns his head to look at you, though his eyes remain unopened. "Are you here to put up a bounty? Or are you planning on joining the Guild instead?" He asks, kindly.

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:23 am

Han: "I can join? And help people?!" With both hands on the desk, Cadence lifts herself up and forward. "That sounds amazing! I love helping people! When can I join?"

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:28 am

Omega: Shoved by Cadence, Marek finds himself propelled into a sidewall, a few decorations knocked loose from his impact. For a few moments, Marek is dazed, unable to catch any of them as they fall from a shelf above.

Quickly recovering and before concern can be expressed by those around him, Marek signals to all that he is fine and quietly picks the items up and places them back where they belong while Cadence strikes up her conversation.

Deciding all is in order, Marek somewhat embarrassingly floats over to the counter. Judging by Cadence's reactions, he was going to get more than he bargained for here...

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 am

The Fortunian's smile looks positively radiant as he hands you a paper coming out of a printer at that very moment. "I was just finishing setting up these application forms. Just fill them in and you'll become one of us." He hands you a stack of forms, along with a pen to fill them in with.

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:18 am

Han: Cadence takes the offered forms and sets them down. She takes the pen and looks it over. She holds it up to the light. Then she brings it back down and looks it over in her hands. After turning it around a bit, she reaches over to the forms and taps the closed pen against the one on top. Seeing no results, she looks up with a sheepish grin on her face.

"I'm sorry... I'm not sure how to use this object."

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:44 pm

Omega: Marek could easily intervene and demonstrate to Cadence how the pen worked, or perhaps even prevent her from joining the guild altogether, but Marek chooses to decline on both accounts. The guild might be just what she needs to help find herself...it certainly is a better fit to her skills than playing aid to a layer. As for the pen, well, some things are best discovered for one's self, even with something as simple as operating a twist style pen.

Such thoughts were floating around Marek's head as he addressed the Fortunian at the counter. "Hello good sir, I have a problem that I believe this establishment might be able to resolve..."

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:36 am

"We're all ears. Ask away," the Fortunian said, before moving his head slightly to 'look' at Cadence. "The Hunter's road is plagued with difficulties. This is merely the first test of your journey...the first part of your Hunter Exam." Once more, he gives her a little smile. "I have every reason to believe you'll manage to overcome it on your own."

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:30 am

Han: *rolls a 17 for insight*

Cadence gasps, realizing the importance of figuring out the mechanics of the pen.

"I'm sorry! I won't let you down!"

She starts to run the pen on the form, then roll it around on it, and fails to make anything happen. Narrowing that down, she closely examines the utensil itself. She turns it over in her hands, before accidentally dropping it.

Scrambling to catch it, she accidentally twists the end a little bit. As she regains her upright stance, Cadence realizes that there is a black mark on her hand. She bounces back and forth on each foot with great excitement, then fully realizes how to make the pen activate. After twisting it the rest of the way, she holds it up in the air.

"I did it!''

She then looks back down at the forms.

What is on them?

Last edited by Han on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:53 am

The forms are rather standard - requesting name, date of birth, planet of origin, species, and other such details, as well as requesting a signature from the would-be Hunter. Simple enough, though there is quite a bit of paperwork to fill in...

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:56 am

Omega: Marek pulls out the remains of his badge and presents it to the Fortunian.

"This is a symbol of great importance to me, I wish for it to be repaired better than new. If possible, I would also like it to encapsulate this bit of crystal without damaging it." Marek slides next to the broken badge a tiny shard of what looks like a smokey quartz."And it needs to be done with much haste, I will have need of this soon, the sooner the better! If all of these conditions can be met, I will be eternally thankful."

Marek gazes hopefully at the Fortunian, awaiting his reply.

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:38 am

"Hmm." The Fortunian's expression becomes thoughtful. "If I could hold it for a moment, please?" After Marek's affirmative reply, he holds it in his hand for a moment.

Then, he opens his eyes to get a better look at it. "An attorney's badge...I recognize this weight." He stares at the badge thoughtfully, with steel-grey eyes. "We do have a smith who could do this job...but it's out of my hands to persuade him. You'll have to speak with him in person and convince him he should take on the task." He hands it back to you, and points upward. "You can find him on the roof. Tell him Aro sent you. That way you'll at least make it through the introductions."

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:49 am

Omega: Marek nods "I shall do just that then, thank you." Collecting his items Marek takes a moment to glance over at Cadence, who judging by the amount of paperwork will be occupied for a good while. Almost certainly long enough for Marek to finish his business. Satisfied, Marek heads up to the roof to meet the recommended smith.

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:25 am

Han: Cadence quickly scribbles in her name then freezes. Looking at the other questions, she realizes that she is simply unable to fill out the rest of the form. Date of birth, origin planet? She didn't even know how height was measured across the universe.

She turns to Marek to push the form in his direction and ask for advice, but notices he had already left. Cadence was all alone, with an unfamiliar man and an unfamiliar duty to fill out paperwork.

Her muscles tense, her face grows pale, and she feels the weight of her background heavy on her. However, just then she notices the Fotunian who still had a slight grin... amusement, perhaps? Regardless, Cadence knew from extensive reading (of the few paragraphs in the datalinks) that Grazziati smiles were so rare that they could sell anything. And dammit, if this wasn't selling her.

Filled with determination, she stands up straight and clears her throat (and makes a diplomacy check which I'll do in next post so that Kanz knows I didn't edit the dice result).

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Han carried out 1 launched of one d20 :
+12 for Diplomacy

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:37 pm

Han: *rolls a 24 for diplomacy*

Cadence leans on the counter and gives the Fortunian man a confident smirk. "Listen... I'm afraid this form is asking quite a few personal questions that I am... unable to answer. Date of birth, planet of origin... things like that. I think this organization sounds wonderful, and I would love an opportunity to help people out... but I simply cannot completely fill out these forms. Is there any way we could work around this?" To close off her request, Cadence gives a a bright smile.

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:28 am

(Apologizes for not posting sooner. Weather conditions here are the worst!)

While the others had been going about their business, Tank and Adel made their way to the Hunter's guild, looking for a place to sell off their old gear. Upon arriving, they encountered a girl shoving past, frantically trying to get someplace in a hurry. Thinking nothing of it, Tank moved the pair upstairs to meet with Chaka, an Infernian with a "hot temper" that might be a potential buyer. Turns out, the guy is an exceptional artisan, using his abilities to melt the old gear into slag... and just as easily reform it into a new weapon of impressive craftsmanship. The pair decided to join the Guild in hopes of commissioning more weapons, but before they could leave, the girl from before ran past to talk with Chaka. After overhearing the earful she got, Adel insisted they wait to see what was wrong. When the girl returned, she was beside herself, fearful for her life! Begrudgingly, Tank decided to humor his diminutive partner and inquire into the girl's troubles.

"Late Girl": "I...I-I-I..." she stutters, then suddenly throws herself at you for a hug with so much force you almost go tumbling down the stairs. "He's going to eat me! I'm doomed!" She says, clearly on the brink of breaking down in tears as she clings to you.

Tank: "I- um, I somehow doubt he's ACTUALLY going t-"
Adel: "THAT'S HORRIBLE! WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?!"

"Late Girl": "Because I couldn't get him the materials he wanted! Mister Chaka's a monster! A big scary monster who eats his juniors!" She can't handle it anymore and breaks down, crying.

Tank "...alright, but I don't think he'll seriously-"
Adel "What materials?! We'll find them for you!"

"Late Girl": "YOU WILL?!" She asks, brightening up instantly. "That's great! You're the greatest! The greatest! I'm so happy now!" She jumps up and down in place now, still hugging you and smiling very brightly...and threatens to send both of you tumbling down in the process.

Tank manages to hold his balance, keeping the trio from tumbling down the stairs.

Tank "...alright, so what was it you needed, again?"

"Late Girl": "Uhm..." she struggles to recall Chaka's instructions for a moment. "Three pulse stones...a grain of pure dominian corn...and a ton of Ean steel...I think..." She doesn't sound too sure of it.

Adel "Hmm, well I have no idea where to get those! But that's okay, I'm sure we can find them anyway! Adel n' the Big Guy are here to help!"
Tank: "Well, I guess there's no harm in it. We should have this conversation downstairs, we need to see a guy about registration here. You can fill us in on whatever you know on the way down. By the way, the little guy in my chest there is Adel, as he said. Call me "Tank". Yeah, we're two people. It's a long story. Tank awkwardly shifts as the the girl continues to latch onto him. "Oh, and since we'll be doing business, what's your name?"

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:35 am

(Tank/Adel)

The girl's eyes go wide. "Oh! Haven't I mentioned it yet? Sorry! My name's Aya. Nice to meet you! What's yours? C'mon, c'mon, let's go down! We can't stay here any longer!" she says, perkily grabbing your hand and leading you downward at a speed that can only be described as a mad dash.

---

(Cadence)

The Fortunian closes his eyes and shakes his head, as if trying to get rid of an irksome fly. "So you wish to keep your identity unknown?" he asks. "I'm afraid that's not possible. The Hunter's Guild does not disapprove of secret identities, but we do expect a level of honesty from our Hunters. We've had too many problems dealing with spies and traitors before, Miss. Sorry, but you'll have to fill in these forms right before I can induct you."

---

(Marek)

On the way up, you come across...Tank? What is he doing here? The door to the roof is closed, but you can feel the heat coming through it. Looks like the smith you're supposed to meet with is already hard at work.

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:17 am

Curious...even permitting only a small fraction of the dyson sphere to be reachable in the time the group Marek has found himself traveling with has been here, the odds against a chance meeting should be astronomical. Factoring in the surface area, population density, lines of travel and so forth, Marek silently calculates the odds in his head as he continues upward.

The door soon breaks him from his estimations. Ow. It was closed, in the way that most doors tend to be when not in use. Luckily nobody was around to see Marek.

In the seconds spent recovering, Marek noticed the heat bleeding through. Perhaps it would be best not to interrupt a busy smith, but the casualness with which he was sent up suggested that this was normal. Besides, Marek did not have time to wait all day for ideal circumstances. No, it was best to pass through the door and confront the smith directly. This was a business transaction, so even if the worst should happen, Marek could be confidant that such a result would be neutral.

His course of action decided, Marek opened the door and entered the smith's domain. "My apologies if I am intruding at a bad time, but Aro sent me up here to see you. I have need of your services."

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Han Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:30 am

Han: "... I'm sorry, allow me to repeat myself. I am unable to answer these questions. Literally." Cadence casts a downwards glance at the floor, her expression darkening. "I do not know where I am from. Or when I was born."

Han

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:18 am

(Marek)

"Lots of people do," Chaka's voice comes through loud and clear as Marek witnesses him surrounded by a cage of light and heat so bright even his Luminian eye(s) have some difficulty adjusting to it. "What makes you special? I'm running late on some big commissions thanks to a certain useless rabbit. If you want something, make a case and make it quick." He doesn't sound very angry though...just focused.

---

(Cadence)

"That's a very different story," Aro says, opening a single eye to look at you. "If that's your situation, we can dispense with most of the paperwork...but I'm afraid you'll have to take the Hunter Exam. Here, sign this waiver with your name and any contact information you can muster and we'll make sure you get the news when we're ready to test a new set of applicants." He takes the papers you've been given before and hands you a new, single page, containing a disclaimer stating how you consent to putting your health at risk for the sake of securing entrance into the Hunter's Guild and...your eyes glaze over as you keep on reading through the thick legalese. There's two dotted lines at the bottom.

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:19 am

Tank: "Aya, good to meet you. We're looking for the person named "Aro", do you know him?"

Tank will turn to lead Aya downstairs, but finds himself holding her hand against his own will. Adel's work, of course.

Adel: "Can't be too careful! Don't need you falling down the stairs while we walk, yeah?"

Tank looks momentarily both confused and annoyed as Adel for the first time in a long time moves him without relaying the thought to his subconscious. It quickly passes, the big guy has grown tolerant of Adel's tendencies, and learned that objecting would only cause more trouble than it's worth.

Tank: "Uh, right. ...So it's this way?"

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next