Limit Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

+2
SovietOmega
Kanzaris
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank) - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

Post by Terastodon Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:51 am

Entering the building to see a few people milling around, Vaz'kar turned his head around the room, observing the bald Fortunian behind the counter for a few moments, before scanning the rest of the entrance area, taking in a notice board, what appeared to be a waiting room and... Marek, Tank and ADAPA headed towards him. They looked like they were on the way out.

Well, it made sense to him he reasoned - if anyone else was going to converge on the lights, it would be those he had travelled here with. That combined with the fact that he hadn't been in close proximity to them when they went off meant that if the others were closer, it would hardly be a surprise got here faster than he had.

No point doing the same things twice, if they had picked anything up from the surroundings or any preliminary investigating, they'd tell him.

"Hey gang. You don't seem particularly alarmed which I assume means you know what the crazy light show earlier was?"

Terastodon

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank) - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter 1 Side Quest: Before The Trial (Vaz'Kar, ADAPA, Marek, Tank)

Post by Sceptile Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:33 am

ADAPA stops in his tracks with a puzzled expression as he ponders Vaz'Kar's words. Then suddenly he blurts out, "Oh! I completely forgot why I wound up here in the first place!"

Sceptile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:03 am

The jobs on the notice board seemed a little bit too menial even for a rookie Hunter - tiny, everyday things like finding a beloved stray pet, or doing some heavy lifting and transport, but one caught Tank's eye. It said the following:

Requesting professional Hunter to deliver a package to the Testing Grounds Quartermaster, as quickly as possible. Inquire for Aro at the Hunter's Guild counter. Pay: 1000 Galactic Credits.

Interesting...was it a personal errand, or Guild business? Only one way to find out.

Kanzaris
Admin

http://limitzero.greatestboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:17 am

Tank catches a glimpse of a potentially interesting job and decides this is the best option for now.

Tank: "Deliver a package...? Yeah, doesn't sound so bad." He heads over to Aro to ask more about the job, forgetting about the strange lights from before. Whatever they were, they didn't seem to be dangerous enough to warrant further investigation.

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:34 am

"Seems like something caught your eye," Aro said, giving Tank an approving look. "May I ask which task you've chosen to undertake?"

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:38 am

Tank: "Yeah, looking it over, I think delivering a package to the Testing Grounds sounds like a simple to get some reputation under our belt. The listing said to inquire with you, is there anything I should know about the job?"

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietOmega Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:32 am

Prepared to depart, Marek hears Vaz'kar's words, and suddenly it clicks why there was such a party convergence here. "Ah, so you saw a light in the sky and headed in that direction, arriving here. The smith here had some rather...spirited suggestions on how to go about his work, I am afraid I might have gotten a bit caught up in the moment and let loose with a full powered blast of light. It was drawn towards my reformed badge-" Marek pauses to present his new badge to Vaz'kar "-but dispersion would have taken hold otherwise. In retrospect, I can see where it might have made a bit of a display, but nobody should have been injured. I imagine I am not the first being to provide such a display...surveillance and a news update should settle the matter quickly for anyone else in the general area looking for a source."

Marek gazes at the exit to the guild "I've got more business to attend to, unless you have need of me. Perhaps you also would like to discuss matters with Vadimar?" Marek's eyes goes wide as he realizes what that could mean. "In fact, that might be a spectacular idea now that I think about it...you could assuredly provide a contrasting viewpoint that would help prepare me for the trial to come. How about it?"

SovietOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanzaris Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:25 am

Aro nodded. "Yes. The Testing Grounds cannot be reached by magrail. Some three kilometers south of the Hunter's Guild, you will find a nondescript high-rise building. At the door, the doorman will stop you and ask what business brings you there. Tell him that you bring a fruit of wisdom and he'll let you through." He fixed Tank with a very serious look. "Do not forget this. It is not a place you can take likely." His expression softened, and he handed Tank a small, circular package made of black silk, which was nonetheless very heavy. "That is all. Good luck on your first hunt!"

Last edited by Kanzaris on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Kanzaris
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terastodon Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:26 am

"Of course you were the light show - that should have been my first guess. As for the invitation to go chat to Vadimar? That's definitely something I'm interested in. Let's go."

Last edited by Terastodon on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Terastodon

Back to top Go down

Post by AccelR8 Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:34 am

Tank nods and accepts the package."Thank you, I'll be careful."

With that, he'll turn and head out of the Hunter's guild, then turn South, to look for the nondescript building. He did not question what was in the package or what purpose it's contents served, realizing that if they took this sort of precaution at the destination, and the fact they needed a certified hunter to undergo the delivery, then it was probably unsafe.

Adel: "Pssssst, What's in the box you think?" This of course, did not stop Adel from being far too curious. But not curious enough to do something stupid.

AccelR8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4